Shaky and rubbish

4 messages
29/12/2012 at 20:19

I've been running for about a year, after lossing 5st. When I started I felt quite unwell after each run or workout, but a running friend told me I hadn't taken in enough calories during the day and a fruit snack an hour before with a drink of squash during the run seemed to make all the difference. I also normally have a small piece of chocolate when I get home too. But the last couple of weeks I've felt awful for the whole evening after I've run. I've had a headache and felt wobbly on the inside, despite my legs and muscles feeling strong. I'm running about 3 miles in 35-38mins. Any ideas would be well recieved. Thanks!

M...eldy    pirate
29/12/2012 at 20:25

Dehydration?

29/12/2012 at 20:43

I don't think so as I do take account of my fluids during the day, and always take juice out with me. I will keep it in mind though, thanks.

M...eldy    pirate
29/12/2012 at 20:48

Firstly I probably wouldnt be taking a juice out with you ... you should be able to run comfortably for a while longer without taking fluids with you if you are well hydrated during the day

Sounds to me poss like a need to eat, try a quick refuel when you come in, a glass of milk or something and see if that improves

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.