Sharp Knee Pain

5 messages
18/11/2002 at 21:50
Starting to increase training and find that occasionally - even after warming up - on starting to to jog I get a sharp stabbing pain on the upper front part of my right knee or just above. The knee occasionally aches afterwards and strangely at nighttime in bed. This is the same leg that was determined to overpronate more and be flat footed so I am now wearing orthotics. It doesn't happen everytime but certainly grabs my attention when it does. Also if I squat it a pain occasionally snatches across the upper front part of the knee. Could this be a plica problem??
18/11/2002 at 21:55
sounds like you may have tight quads..try some easy stretching before and after exercise...grasp your ankle and pull your heal up to your buttox-or as near as poss..hold for 30 secs then repeat
19/11/2002 at 09:52
I'll give that more of a go than I have been!
21/11/2002 at 13:24
I've had exactly the same problem and I then discovered my right leg is 12mm shorter than the left. I have been wearing a heal raise in all my footwear for about a month and the problem has nearly cleared up.
22/11/2002 at 20:01
Hmm - I'll check it but I don't think this is my prob - thanks all the same.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.