sharp pain on front of ankle

1 message
06/05/2013 at 17:47

Hi

I know I havent posted much on here but I hope someone may be able to advise.

I recently started to feel some pain on the front of my right ankle - about where you tie bootlaces. I did think it was due to my work boots at the time as the laces are too long and I tie them all the way around before tying them up in the normal way. I have since cut the laces down and wear them looser.

I experience the pain intermittently. Like today, I was driving for 5 hours and it was fine. Sitting on the couch and I move my foot in a swivelling motion to the left and its excruciating. Also sometimes my ankle gives way coming down stairs or just walking. It is also very sore in bed when I am lying down if I move my foot suddenly.

I am not aware of doing anything extreme and causing this. A few days before I went on a 2.5 hr hike over a mountain and covered 8.5 miles. 2 days later I ran 5 miles. the pain appeared about 3 or 4 days after the last run. 2 weeks later and I'm still in pain and can't even consider a run.

Would appreciate any thoughts or advice.

James

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.