Shin Splints, underpronation, new shoes, leg tape?

Running again after a long break.

1 message
10/01/2013 at 20:58

Hey I'm new to the forums and pretty new to the running game, I did do a marathon in 2009 and this year, 2013 I'm starting to get back into it.

The only problem is that I appear to be having some ill gait issues. I am running on the outside of me feet which I believe is underpronation. That said I have some very tight hamstrings and calves which sort makes me run on my toes more. I have also been having pains on the inside of my calves or shin splints.

I am currently running in Asics Gel-Nimbus 12's, please see the photo of the wear. I'm not sure if these are suitable shoes and what I should get for an upgrade?

Should I get tape to help with the shin splints? I have been resting and stretching a lot but the pain comes back. (I might be pushing it a bit I am attempting to do 1000miles this year ) Any thoughts and advice are very much appreciated. Thanks!

http://i50.tinypic.com/ixz7fm.jpg

Edited: 10/01/2013 at 21:00

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.