Shorts that go North

How to avoid being wegied?

9 messages
19/07/2006 at 14:13
Hi Everyone,
I'd like to ask if anyone else has had this embarrassing problem. After about 20 minutes of running my shorts always seem to disappear upwards into my crotch until it looks like I've been given a 'wedgie'. I've tried using Vaseline and I've tried other types of shorts. I normally put up with it (not sure how it looks from behind) and give my shorts a tug southwards every now and again.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Russell
19/07/2006 at 14:49
http://www.sportsshoes.com/product/?product_code=NIK2865

http://www.sportsshoes.com/product/?product_code=NIK2732
19/07/2006 at 15:31
Run naked..........

What type of shorts are you wearing? You could try lycra. They work well for me.
19/07/2006 at 15:40
Lycra will also help avoid inadvertent flasher syndrome...

(really boys - tis much more common than you think...urggh!!!)
19/07/2006 at 15:49
yep - lycra

none of that bum hungry look ever again
KKD
19/07/2006 at 19:02
I'm not mentioning men in lycra 'cos I think I unintentionally upset FB last time!!

Sorry FB. I've been feeling very guilty about the last lycra comment ;-) Mia colpa!
KKD
19/07/2006 at 20:11
Hi Everyone,
Thanks for the advice. Do you mean lycra tights or can you actually get lycra shorts? I might be arrested if wear them outside running..

Russell
19/07/2006 at 20:21
Yes, you can get lycra shorts - take a look at the links cabletow posted, or try wiggle.co.uk etc.

Lots of men run in them, but if you feel a little exposed, then either a longer t-shirt or loose regular shorts on top are solutions.
19/07/2006 at 22:18
I wear cycling shorts (lycra) underneath my normal shorts. It seems to work :)

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
9 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.