Should I be worried

6 messages
24/07/2006 at 13:11
After my long run yesterday I went to have a pee and discovered that I was peeing blood. The blood was presnt only for a couple of pees and then everything back to normal. I have a slight suspision that this may have happened a little while ago as well but at the time couldn't really decide if there was any blood present. I had no pain or discomfort so put it down to over exertion. Any thoughts?
24/07/2006 at 13:12
are you a boy or a girl?
did the pee hurt?

i would get this checked out by the doc
can just be as a result of the run
but i wouldnt leave it
24/07/2006 at 14:23
two incidents I can speak of:

- drank ribena and then went on a run. On returning my pee was red, and caused me a lot of worry. The next time I went to the loo it was clear.

- once went for a dump after a run and was passing blood. It only happened the once and I put it down to the fact that I had upped my dose of Glucoseamine (one of the side affects can be disorders of the digestive system).

If its a one off then dont worry, but if it happens again today or the next time you go out I'd suggest you see a doc. Bladder infections/cystitis can cause passing of blood but I think that this is more common on women than men (Hippo can confirm).
24/07/2006 at 14:33
PH I'm a boy and no the pee didn't hurt. Forgot to mention that I did have a kidney stone a few years ago which I put down to prolonged dehydration after excersise.
Dave definately not Ribena unfortunately
The Evil Pixie    pirate
24/07/2006 at 14:35
groovy PH is a wee wee Dr (!) so follow her advice ... personally I would see a dr
24/07/2006 at 14:41
Cheers guys I know your right and should get it checked but don't like going to Drs very much

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.