Slightly stiff calf

I'm quite puzzled

4 messages
Psi
26/10/2002 at 21:45
On recent runs, I've noticed a kind of stiffness in my right calf muscle (not left). It doesn't feel particularly agonising or anything like that; in fact it feels almost exactly like when I've run further and my muscle is full of lactate. This creates a slightly odd feeling where my right calf feels a bit knackered but my left one is fine.

Any ideas?
26/10/2002 at 22:22
are your shoes damaged?

have you done something too it when not running? or just turned an ankle or hit in someway - I get painful knocks playing hockey and dont notice them until awhile later then wonder what did it!
27/10/2002 at 00:16
hello psi! think you've gone to bed now,
I get this some times, put it down to being right handed and that my right leg works harder, what do you think?

I also have problems in the winter sometimes from (i think) running on sloping pavements, but that's more in the sides of my legs,

There is a theory that it's minute tears that are stiffness, not lactate, I'm not qualified to comment, but this would fit with one-sided thingy, sure you'll get more informed advice tomorrow.
Psi
27/10/2002 at 19:19
bump! so that daytime people might see it and have an idea?

(think it's likely to be small muscle tears of the post-marathon / half marathon type, caused by going too fast on my long runs)

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.