snack attack

21 to 24 of 24 messages
26/11/2008 at 10:48

Track is hard work but is defintely essential for speedwork!  After last night which was so cold I could not feel my fingers and toes!

My fave pre-run snack in the evening especially if its going to be more than a 10k is a banana and a handful of nuts (not the m&ms - as can be fattening!

27/11/2008 at 10:15

I was out running with the club last night and I was frozen too!!. Someone at the club suggested a few slices of Warbuton fruit loaf. I've never heard of it, but is it worth a try of a few slices before a run?. I quite like fruit, but can't imagine it in a loaf of bread..lol..

I would love to do track work.  

27/11/2008 at 10:20

Yep its lovely - or there is Soreen which is also a fruit loaf - they do a cinnamon version which is lovely witha bit of low fat spread!

Trackwork is good especially if you want faster times - I find its the only way to get your times down.

27/11/2008 at 14:59

You have to find out what works for you. I know people who claim to be able to eat a full breakfast just minutes before a long run. Buney suggest coffee with milk -- that wouldn't work for me either.

I leave at least 3 hours between eating and running, and even then, the meal can't be too big. Before a long weekend run I'll usually have a bagel and banana with a black coffee. I avoid dairy products as my stomach doesn't appreciate them before a run.

For shorter runs I don't need any sustenance, but certainly like to eat afterwards.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 24 of 24 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.