Something's Eating me...

Insect Bites gone bad (worse anyway)

15 messages
20/11/2002 at 22:45
Either my house has a particularly vicious strain of gnat, or killer spiders, that or i'm more tasty to six or eight legged creatures than i am to bipeds.

About July this year at a rugby practice i got two insect bites on my leg, after a day they wen't red, then went a bit black and spread for about a week to the size of golf balls - had to take antibiotics in the end to stop the itching/swelling.

Similar kind of bite/sting happened on Monday. Any idea what the heck is biting me? How can I start a personal war against these biting fiends?
20/11/2002 at 22:47
eek
no
Similar happened to me years ago, i think i was allergic to the venom, no not the human one
20/11/2002 at 22:51
I'm allergic to wasp and bee stings, but that's instant and nasty (don't die - obviously, but tend to go into very rapidly expanding rash then feint, then ok) - Freaked out a number of my friends last time it happened, if i hadn't come round almost immediately I reckon they would have been trying an emergency trachioptery (?)thingy with a biro...
20/11/2002 at 22:53
you might also be allergic to whatever is biting you
try an antihistamine
20/11/2002 at 22:55
good plan - that was the plan last time, but the chemist took one look the bites and said - infection - it's doctor for you sonny. Will make a visit to boots tomorrow thanks Doc.

Any idea what's eating me? Spiders? - Hate spiders
20/11/2002 at 22:55
have you got pets
Fleas???
eeek
20/11/2002 at 23:01
nope just the girlfriend
20/11/2002 at 23:02
now now
She hasnt brought back foreign stuff from over the water?
Im itching now
20/11/2002 at 23:04
don't scratch

-i've plastered me bnite sio i don't touch it

she does have a scruffy jack russel back at home it's possible a flea came over in her luggage - ah well the search continues..
20/11/2002 at 23:04
your WHAT
20/11/2002 at 23:06
bite - sorry wouldn't be plastering anything else without good cause
20/11/2002 at 23:07
now go an cuddle your woman!
im sure its not her
nite nite
20/11/2002 at 23:09
I will - nite nite Benz
20/11/2002 at 23:12
are you perhaps more hairy than scaly Godzilla?

...maybe a bit short of iron or vitamin C if you've
been running a lot?

....er ....and I don't suppose you've ever tried that alleged rugby club favourite of trying one of your own - might be worth a try after training next time
20/11/2002 at 23:54
(scratch scratch scratch)

Howdy Zilla,

Could it be mozzys? I know a few people who get a pretty nasty reaction to the first mozzy bites of the season. Not quite in the turning black and swelling to golf ball size league, admittedly, but certainly getting very red and extremely swollen. Can't think of anything else.. unless you have bats? :-)

(trots off for a good scratch)

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
15 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.