Soon to Be Slim Club 29/10

1 to 20 of 41 messages
The Evil Pixie    pirate
29/10/2002 at 06:04
Oh my god I can't believe I am up!
can't believe I am going running!
but hey I have to make up for the wine yesterday!
have a good one all!
29/10/2002 at 06:49
Enjoy the run!!
Did a slow and painful 2.5 miles, at least its done
everyone have a good day now!
The Evil Pixie    pirate
29/10/2002 at 08:21
slow and painfull run here too!
Legs disagreed with the idea!
29/10/2002 at 08:38
Hi guys, went out yesterday and for the first time in ages, running felt good... Only 30mins but I hope now I can start building again. Oops, and had a sausage sarnie *blush!*
29/10/2002 at 08:40
Rest day for me. Puppy slept from 10 till 5.55. Bliss! More work for Thursday's interview today. Starting to get nervous.........
29/10/2002 at 08:46
Got up at 5.45 and came into Central London, ran for round Embankment with only for half an hour for the first time, with only one very brief walk break because of a stitch!

Four weeks ago I never imagined I would get there so I am feeling dead chuffed. Next step is to cut out the brief walk break!

Was wondering about stitches though - what causes them, how to stop them etc as this was the only thing that stopped me running non-stop. Any advice very gratefully received.

Have a good day all - and good luck for Thurs Sassie!

Tortoise
29/10/2002 at 10:56
Thanx Tortoise
29/10/2002 at 11:42
You're welcome Sassie!

Apologies for over-use of word 'stop' and variations on it in previous message - will dig out thesaurus for suitable synonyms next time!
29/10/2002 at 11:46
Hi y'all
I'm trying to cut down on carbs a little, but as I don't eat meat I am finding it a little hard to eat more protein. I don't class myself as a vegetarian, I eat what I want but I haven't eaten meat,chicken etc for years now, but alot of the time I just don't know what to eat so just end up eating rubbish. I have put on around a stone, which I need to loose before I can loose the other stone I originally needed to loose! HELP!!
The Evil Pixie    pirate
29/10/2002 at 11:51
Wellcome Tiny Toes!
29/10/2002 at 12:22
Hi Fitfolk

cant believe you run before 7 am you peeps - is it dark -is it strange?

Hi TT- I have the same problem -gave up meat about 7 years ago but still eat eggs and fish a little bit - my protein intake is very low and I do try to up it but dont do very well at it - as I dont like cheese -so vege meals are a bit of a none starter!

p'raps theres some semi-veges who could give us some tips out there

Sassie - hi- whats the interview?
29/10/2002 at 12:25
oh and Torty- Hi

if you get a stitch try and stretch out your torso stomach and chest upwards when you run - I think its supposed to help- fortunately I dont get stitches
29/10/2002 at 13:27
Hiya all,
Weighed myself this morning - I am back to what I was at the start of the Fat Club..!!! Oh dearie me...! Anyway, talking of veggie type foods - I'm the same - don't like those quorn/tofu type foods - YUK! I tried to cut down on my carbs a couple of weeks ago, but didn't have any energy at all and could barely put one foot in front of the other - let alone run! Haven't got any food tips I'm afraid.. just the same old boring - pasta/ jacket potatoes etc.. I eat fish and a little chicken too - so it's not too bad - but the Mr eats meat, so I usually end up having to do two different meals every night..! Anyway, I'm working tonight (so at least that'll stop me eating!), my kids drama class starts up again and I haven't seen them all since the Summer - so I'm looking forward to that - I've got a couple of new ones starting too. Sassie - glad the pup seems to have settled.. what colour is she?
29/10/2002 at 13:40
Bune - the interview is for a job to have my own church, rather than being the curate as I am at present.

Michelle - Quinta puppy is black, which makes letting her out in the garden after dark quite interesting.

Veggies - having been both vegetarian and disgustingly healthy for almost twenty years (goodness - is it really that long?!?!?), I suggest quorn items and soya items. The Linda McCartney range is good. Remember to combine foods to make complete proteins as well. Wholemeal flour etc!
The Evil Pixie    pirate
29/10/2002 at 13:47
can I go home yet?
Today has been far to long!!
29/10/2002 at 13:51
What is it with this protein thing?
we have it drilled into us that we 'have to eat our meat' I have never liked red meat and in the 36 years I have lived the only side effect is a slight anemia problem last year which is now resolved.
Canned tuna is versitile and if you aren't keen on it the taste can be easily masked. I don't eat animal protein every day and the processed foods we eat nowadays tend to ensure that we are consuming enough.
29/10/2002 at 14:53
Thanks for the protein suggestions -
what i stuggle with is the protein rda which for me is between 60-80g depending on whether its 1g per kilo I am or want to be!
I eat a lot of grain/wholefood type carbs but reckon I struggle to get up to 20 -30 g of protein some days. If i do eat more I definitely don't get as cravy - but have just got into the habit of eating vegetable based meals and not adding a protein to it, although I did have lentil soup last night!
Im more of a 'lazy and i want it now!' cook and being healthily vege requires a bit more effort I guess!
29/10/2002 at 14:55
oh I'll fight the catz for the tuna a bit more often, and I could eat eggs more often than i do!
29/10/2002 at 14:56
I will lose 71bs by the end of November.
The Evil Pixie    pirate
29/10/2002 at 15:03
that's just 4-5 wks love
don't over do it
1 to 20 of 41 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.