Sore Calves

2 messages
27/12/2002 at 20:39
Help, I am getting too old for this game!

I am currently recovering from ITB syndrome and haven't done any running since the GNR. I have been on the treadmill at the gym though, just plodding along with no major problems. Today I tried my first run outside and had to stop after about 800m.

The outside front of my shins hurt so much I couldn't lift my foot up on my right leg, even walking was a drama!

What ever is this?

PLease can someone help!

Many thanks,

Regards,

Zandra
27/12/2002 at 21:08
Hi Zandra,
I would get it checked out by a sports physio if I were you. I'm no expert but it sounds as if you have either very bad shin splints or even possibly a stress fracture. If the latter it will mean no running for about 6 weeks. Seriously though get it checked, hopefully it will be shin splints which are painful but not so serious.

Good luck!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.