Sore Feet

3 messages
19/12/2002 at 11:51
Wonder if anyone could help. I had big trouble this summer with my forefeet. (no, not four feet). I had some Asics 1070s and one day my feet went completely numb, and that numbness spread into my legs as well. It got better over the next few weeks but I found that if I ran over 3 1/2 miles, the numb forefeet began again - very frustating. It dogged my running for a good few weeks/months.

Anyway, I quickly switched some Adidas Major Cushioning trainers and stopped wearing heels as much, and once the residual bruising had gone away, I was fine and haven't had any more pain. However I was out for about 6 miles last night, and the feeling of numbness came back a bit, which was really worrying.

I wore heels yesterday which I think contributed. Can anyone advise how to deal with this? I badly want to up my mileage this Spring and I can't if my feet hurt.
19/12/2002 at 13:34
Hello Cathryn,

I don't know what could be causing it, but one way or another it sounds like some sort of nerve problem. In your position I'd be dashing off to a physio or podiatrist to ask for advice. Good luck :)
Roz
19/12/2002 at 13:42
Hi Cathryn,

I recently have suffered something similar when I went out on the town boozing and I wore high heels. My right big toe and 2nd toe went numb and took all week for the feeling to return! I think it is probably nerve problem so will be at the podiatrist's after Xmas. In the meantime, I'm only wearing 'flatties' going out. I don't have any problems with my trainers at all....thank God. I have quite bony feet so i reckon it is because I haven't got much natural cushioning!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.