Sore foot!

Rubbed foot!

3 messages
02/11/2006 at 21:54
HELP!!!
I did my first 10k ever last night (woohoo!!) at a running club i joined a couple of weeks ago. I'm really hacked off tho cos after my trainers being fine for over a year (running 3-4 miles twice a week) they gave me an evil rub under the arch of my right foot (my left foot's fine). The skin is well and truely broken and its taking ages to dry out despite loads of salt water!

What is the best thing to do guys...i know i have flat feet, should i get orthotics, new trainers (can't really afford) or just chop my feet off!!??

Also whats best for this kind of blister/rub thats gone pop and is really quite sore when i still want to run!!!?

Any ideas gratefully recieved!!

Didzy x
02/11/2006 at 22:34
Ouch. I had a similar rub with some custom made orthotics until they got bedded in. Put some vas on the actual sore bit and cover the area surrounding it with a couple of plasters before you run. I use fabric strip you cut to the required length. Once it's healed and there's no broken skin, try this Podiatrist's tip below:

Wipe the soles of your feet with cotton wool soaked in an equal mix of white spirit and olive oil (shaken up in a bottle to mix the two). This toughens up the skin but doesn't dry it out. Popular with dancers apparently.
03/11/2006 at 08:44
wow, thats great, i shall try it tonight...thanks for the tips!!

Didzy x

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.