Sore groin

Persistent dull ache

5 messages
21/03/2008 at 15:00
Anyone out there a fellow sufferer?  Training for FLM all going well until I suffered problem with foot flexor muscle and now dull ache in my groin.  Often wakes me at night and I am finding little relief.  Have been doing "clam" and "dog leg" exercises and also the one where you lie on your back and pull knee across chess but don't seem to be getting anywhere.  Pulling out of FLM is not an option - I've gone through too much to secure my place.  Any help/ideas welcome please.
21/03/2008 at 15:22

Not sure if this is relevant but I once had an injury like this that manifested itself as an ache right in the junction of upper leg and groin. It turned out to be a bit of a trapped nerve problem in my lower back, set off by a specific event (gripping on a large inner tube while being towed behind a snow scooter - a bit like horse-riding - don't ask!!). It gradually passed of its own accord - physiotherapy didn't really help.

Could be worth asking someone who knows about backs, nerves, gait, etc. if this resonates with you

21/03/2008 at 18:55
Thanks Steve.  Just wish it would go away very soon!
21/03/2008 at 20:41
Whenever I get a groin ache, I visit the physio. She uses a special 'tool' to put pressure on tight spots on the buttock of the offending side (the gluts wrap around your back to your front). The tool she used was like a plastic knuckleduster with a ball on it. I think it's to get the pressure on the 'knots' instead of using just a thumb tip. I've been relatively successful myself by using a blunt instrument on my buttock to reelase the knots. Just search out the sore spots and apply pressure until the soreness disappears. Sounds crazy, but it works.
22/03/2008 at 07:11
Thanks parkbench - I'll try anything - even crazy!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.