Sore Heal

5 messages
10/08/2011 at 11:29

2 months ago whilst not doing anything strenuous , the back of my heel started hurting...i read up on it and sounded like Plantar fasciitis i.e it hurts mostly when i 1st get up...

2 months on i havent run or done anything strenuous it still hurts 1st thing in the morning , im now wanting to get running again and wondering should i just start?

I havent been to a podiatrist due to spending fortunes on 3 different ones getting 2 different types of insoles ( at great cost) to cure my constant shin splints....in other words i dont know one to trust as they all told me differing things and all basically bad mouthed eachother and im no further on.

How long does Plantar fasciitis last??

10/08/2011 at 19:07

I recently bought a little roller from the chemist designed at helping PF,I think it was made by Schol though can't be 100%, it also comes with a little note on some simple excercises to assist and after a few days I found it helped.

I have the pain most days, but find stretching the calfs also helps as there is a calf injury that mimics the symptons of PF. 

Hope you get on top of it soon.

Rob.

10/08/2011 at 22:29
Thanks Rob

Have you continued running ?

Mine isn't massively sore.....more of a niggle when I 1st walk then no pain.
I'll try the roller though...thanks mate.
11/08/2011 at 09:04

I've continued running I find it hurts more if i do any threadmill work.

I found a sports massage helped as well, which reminds me I'm due another soon.

Rob

12/08/2011 at 17:09

Sure it's PF? That's often sore under the heal.

I also ask because I get this, and mine's Insertional Achilles Tendonopathy.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.