sore knee help!

3 messages
PR
27/12/2002 at 14:04
Help - the last two runs I have done my left knee has been really sore on the outside .
I haven't done anything different stretching wise and I have been running for over ten years.
Any suggestions? I rested it for two weeks, ran again and it started to kill after 3 minutes.
And I need to run the festive flab off!
27/12/2002 at 16:31
Knee pain can be due to several reasons of course.
Did you increase your mileage quickly or do anything different at all ? could be "runners Knee" which can ne due to several factors.
I had bad knee 2y ago when training for FLM. Due to combo of tight hammies and also the Iliotibial tract- So strecthed alot and saw physio which helped.
See your GP to rule out any other cause or see sports physio for a r/v. REst would normally help most but 2w was a good rest you had.
I think there is a good website called " KICK" which discusses stretches/etc..
Let me know how it goes....
28/12/2002 at 12:30
I am in the same position as you. My sore knee was caused by banging it on my desk at work about 4 wks. I feel it most when I go up and down the stairs. Do gels like IBULEVE or TRAXAM help or do they just numb the pain? I am supposed to be training for FLM and have not run for 3 wks as I am trying to rest it but it's still sore. Not sure what to do next run or continue resting. Any advice welcome....

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.