sore knees

Asics 2150

2 messages
31/01/2011 at 13:41
just bought a pair of Asics 2150's and now after my 6th run and have sore knees (on the insideo of both) and a sore lower back. I upgraded to the 2150's from Gel-Pulse and after 400miles thought they were getting a bit tired. can anyone advise on why this would be so. i had been advised that these were a simillar shoe. or is it old age.
31/01/2011 at 14:35

Hi nstcl

I take it, you've had your gait analysed and these are the type of running shoes that are correct for your specific foot type and strike etc??

Long ago I made the mistake of just buying generic trainers for running from a sport shop but then paid for it with shin splints and  aching knees from the fact the shoes were neutral and it turns out I needed more support from a running shoe, as I have high arches and over pronate a fair bit.

If you haven't has this assessment, I highly recommend you do asap. As far as I know, The Gel pulse are geared towards neutral over pronation however the 2150s are for more serious over pronation, I could be wrong but this could be the issueas the support etc will be significantly different.

Hope this helps

D

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.