Sore Nuts!

15 messages
No Way Out (M.)    pirate
16/09/2002 at 16:30
Does anyone else (male) suffer from sore nuts. When doing my Sunday long run, I find that the constant banging against my leg becomes v.painful. It soon goes away after the run. I have tried lycra shorts but doesn't seem to help. Does anyone run in Jockstraps?
17/09/2002 at 15:22
I guess thats only me then...
17/09/2002 at 15:26
Bandit

Wear underwear you fool :-). I didn't for a while and something much more scarey than sore nuts happened to me. You can get some slip things in the M&S sports gear range.
17/09/2002 at 15:33
Probably best to get shorts with a snugger lining or get the needle and thread out and modify you short lining yourself (I'm assuming your shorts are lined and you're not swinging in the breeze !)
17/09/2002 at 15:37
So Scotty, you want Bandit to admit he doesn't fill his short lining? Don't hold your breath!
17/09/2002 at 15:49
Oh thank you boys, its good to know that us females don't have all the problems, best laugh I've had today.
17/09/2002 at 15:57
I'll go with the underwear..thanks guys although swinging in the wind could have its attractions too!
17/09/2002 at 15:59
I'm waiting to see what Skwerl has to say on the subject.

17/09/2002 at 15:59
Respect to you Wicked Witch for posting and not just lurking.

Scotty, the problem is the running legging things rather than shorts. Apart from anything else the seam is in the wrong place. This is more important as the winter sets in and you need leggings to keep your muscles warm. No double entendre intended.
17/09/2002 at 16:16
As you know Skwerls are experts at handling nuts. I however am fortunate enough to not suffer from the above so can't really comment (possibly because Skwerls store their nuts in a hideyhole).
I do get bloody blisters from my orthotics though - bodyglide is on its way in the post. It better work!
27/09/2002 at 12:58

I once saw a bit of film on TV which included video of a dog running, in slow motion, and its testicles were bouncing up and down to a severe degree.

I guess we male runners are little different.

I always wear fairly tight underpants or their equivalent under my shorts to give myself appropriate support down there, to cancel out any downward forces of my running. It's only common sense.

For the same reason, I dislike boxer shorts generally. Where's the support in a pair of boxer shorts when you need it?

--
27/09/2002 at 21:43
Try having sex Saturday night. Everything shrinks !!

Gives you something to think about on the run too....
28/09/2002 at 08:06
Can't say the banging is a problem, however I have noticed that there is a certain amount of rubbing/chaffing going on. I have tried rubbing vaseline, any excuse, which seems to help a bit. I tried the underwear bit but found they got very sweaty and then rubbing inside at the top of my thighs after a while.
It's not easy being a man!
29/09/2002 at 12:01
Bandit

I had similar problems and found that lycra shorts made it worse. My solution is shorts with an inner brief for warm weather and speedo (brief) style swimming trunks under lycra shorts or leggings during colder weather.

good luck

Adam
30/09/2002 at 17:29
I seemed to have fixed this now. Underwear no more commando!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
15 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.