Speed sessions

Pain in my hamstrings.

2 messages
17/11/2003 at 21:57
I train at a pace of about 9:30/10:00 miles, I do about 25/30 miles a week. What my problem is that when I decide to do so speed sessions I get pain in both my hamstrings. I have trying interval training tempo fartlik etc but every time I try to go faster than what I plode along at I seem to get this pain for a few days after. Anybody got any ideas what I'm doing wrong. I warmup for 10/15 mins and warmdown fo rthe same?? Any ideas please????

Cheers.................Iain
18/11/2003 at 21:53
perhaps you should start with usual pace to warm muscles up then stretch them out PROPERLY ie 3 sets of 15 to 30 seconds. Then do your speed stuff. Thenwarm down with your usual pace before finally stretching them out.. Might work but I am a bit lazy at this myself and don't I suffer!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.