Speedwork=chest infection

Speedwork = Chest infection

4 messages
28/05/2007 at 20:12
Why is it everytime I try a track speedwork session a few days later my asthma kicks in and I develop a chest infection?

I will have to go to GP tomorrow as I feel really rough, only did the session on Tuesday.

Last time I did this it was the same, October and then in December bad chest infections after track speed session. Can anyone give me an answer?

Sian
28/05/2007 at 23:09

Is there a relationship between asthma and chest infections ?

I used to get loads of colds until I started taking vitamins every day. Crunch them when you eat them.
29/05/2007 at 15:38
I must remember to take my multivitamins. I have now been to the GP and I do have a chest infection. Back on oral steriods and antibiotics.

The only good thing is a little afternoon nap!

I wonder if there is a connection between pushing hard in training and then having asthma bringing on a chest infection?
29/05/2007 at 21:53

I can't see why, but don't really know.

Paula R has asthma and seems to do ok.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.