Spongy Left Calf

Have recently experienced a lack of strength in this area... Help!

2 messages
06/02/2004 at 14:09
Very puzzling.

Find that the muscle feels very weak in the push off. If I stop and try to rotate the ankle I get a kind of spasming shakes type phenomenon in the foot.

First experienced it after running for a train in my work shoes... Also not sure if it relates to a new pair of running shoes I have recently started using...

These are, however my 11th pair of Kayanos and I've never had this problem before.

Am I best to try and run through it to re-strengthen the leg or cancel my plans for a 20 miler on Sunday and swim / bike / total rest instead?

Advice much appreciated.
09/02/2004 at 09:09
"If I were you, Neil, I'd cancel your normal Friday run, make sure you don't let yourself run for a bus in school shoes and warm up properly before doing your Sunday 20 miler"

Great thanks - tried all the above and it worked wonders - thanks...

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.