Sport supplement use

Reaching out for help from the running community

6 messages
08/07/2013 at 12:13

Hi All,

Firstly I would like to introduce myself, my name is George Holtby and I am a keen amateur runner from Jersey. I have been running at an amateur level to keep fit for the last 5 years.

I have joined the forum as I am looking for support from the running community, I am undertaking a project which is examining the supplement taking habits and attitudes towards anti-doping for competing athletes, and would particularly like to hear from those athletes who are at risk of being tested for banned substances when competing.

I would very much appreciate it if you could fill out the survey on surveymonkey at the link below, it should take no longer than 3 to 4 minutes of your time, and is completely anonymous.

http://svy.mk/15XFy2H

Thanks

George

Edited: 08/07/2013 at 12:16
cougie    pirate
08/07/2013 at 12:20
At what level do you get tested ? Championship start level for London ? Or just the elites ?
08/07/2013 at 12:22

As far as i'm aware testing can take place at any competitive level.

cougie    pirate
08/07/2013 at 13:56
Yoinks !!

I've never been tested or even seen anyone being selected for testing. At my level I really don't think it would be worth it.

Done anyway.
08/07/2013 at 14:01
As long as they don't do breath tests at parkrun I should be ok.
08/07/2013 at 16:42

Thanks to those who have completed the survey so far, if anyone esle can spare 5 mins it would be appreciated.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.