Sports Massage

5 messages
03/02/2003 at 16:56
I've got the 'Achey knee' syndrome and was wondering if a sports massage would benefit it. The knee has slowly got worse over the last few weeks and I last ran a week ago, with the knee feeling fine then but the next day it really ached.

If so does anyone know of a good sports massage place in Kent?

Cheers
Rob
H.
03/02/2003 at 17:23
Don't know Kent so well but a great place to start is the local college. Ours does fantastic sports massages for a fiver. Can therefore get around six for the normal price of one......well worth it!
08/02/2003 at 12:28
As well as a good massage you could always ice your knees after training as this will help to reduce swelling, inflammation and combat the pain. Apply for about 10-15 minutes.
08/02/2003 at 16:49
Rob - I find massage of quads great for shifting lactic acid - and if I don't get it done often enough the knee goes because the lateral tight quad muscles overpower the vastus medialis and pull the knee cap out of alignment.

Wish we had a college near here - sounds like a great idea
11/02/2003 at 19:52
i've had thesame problem as shattered shins and have found that sports massage - whilst quite painful has helped - its amazing how much better it feels - also try the ice route that seems to help - boots do a gel pack which can be re frozen, had mine for years and couldn'r do without it

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.