Sports Tape

2 messages
05/10/2011 at 18:53

Hi

I need to start strapping my foot as I have a heal spur and the dreaded plantar facititis, 

Can anyone advise me on decent places to get sports tape and if they have any experience of zinc tape v normal tape?

Thanks!

06/10/2011 at 01:14

I've tried various running stores and even chemists for strapping-tape, none have been worth it. The tapes either sweat their way off or they just roll up sideways and stick to everything but the rest of the tape and just peel right off.

I think the best tape I found was the stuff a private physio applied when I had a fallen-arch type injury. It didn't sweat off despite 2 hour long exercise days at a very stuffy gym and daily showers, I was told to remove it after 3-4 days. I found even then I had to cut it off with sissors as it was just so well done- unlike the other shop bought stuff which just didn't last more then a day!

So if you can. buy from an actual professional physiotherapy type place eg not a shop but an appointment office. Even better, if you can get it applied by a professional or at least book time to have them instruct how to apply it, it would make such a huge difference! YouTube is great but only goes so far for helping, you need to know how the tension feels rather then how the tension looks. Too loose and it wont do anything but waste you time and money, too tight and your feet will go numb, your circulation will be cut and as a result your injury wont recover. Its worth paying to get it done properly at least once if not twice in a row.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.