stiff calves. please help

restricting training

3 messages
03/08/2008 at 21:43
i have struggled most of the year with stiff calves. i try to keep myself hydrated and haven't upped my training to quick. i suffered in Jan,Feb, some of March and recently in July. Got new shoes(Asics gel-nimbus 9s) and tonight ran in them for first time. noticed a little improvement in calves, it starts when running uphill, which living in Sheffield hills are non negotiable . anyone got advice? never suffered with calf problems before.
03/08/2008 at 23:08

Massage often helps.

04/08/2008 at 09:20

At what point in your run does the tightness start, and does it ease off after a while?  I tend to start a run with tight calves despite stretching, but after around 6k it eases off.

Maybe in the last year, apart from running, you're leading a more sedentary lifestyle (office job???)

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.