Strained Adductor muscles

5 messages
28/08/2002 at 17:33
Has anybody had a strained adductor and how long did it last? I have been suffering with pain in the upper groin for almost 6 weeks now. The injury was diagnosed by a physio as a strained adductor over a month ago now. Despite revisits for ultrasound, daily stretching and strengthening exercises the pain will not go away.
29/08/2002 at 11:50
Graham - I had this - but only for a few weeks. Without sounding like a cliche, the thing that really helped was was rest, rest and more rest. I didn't run for a full 10 days and stuck ice on the area for at least 20 mins whenever I could. As well as ultrasound, you need your physio to do some vigorous massage too.Hope it gets better soon!
29/08/2002 at 18:32
Graham - I had this just before FLM 2001 I missed the last four weeks training because of it. I did complete the race though but had to jog the last 10. It took about a further 6 weeks after London for me to get back into training. For London 2002 I also completed a programme of weight training especially on my adductor and abductor. I sufferedno problems at all that year I my speed increased aswell. Hope this helps and you are back running soon.
30/08/2002 at 22:52
Graham - My Greyhound had the same problem, It got no better so we had to retire him and put him out to to stud !!

I bet you're looking forward to that !!

31/08/2002 at 16:24
I found a Rocket Ice Lolly - strategically placed - worked wonders!!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.