Strange clicking sensation in the lower part of Achilles tendon

1 message
19/01/2010 at 07:25
Symptoms; Feels like a twinge, or a clicking/popping feeling about half way between the bottom of my calf muscle and the bottom of my foot. There is no pain when it happens, not like a pulled muscle, it feels more like hitting a nerve. It seems more or less right in the middle of my Achilles tendon? It is weird because it doesn’t hurt, a little discomfort but not pain, I stop and stretch it out and then it seems fine for a while, and it doesn’t happen until I am deep into my runs. I just don’t know if I am doing something that I shouldn’t be doing by still running on it. It doesn’t feel sore or anything, it only happens when running

Any ideas, would help, not sure if I should go to the doctor just yet, have my first race in 4 weeks, and after all these months of training, I am just not ready for him or her to tell me to take a couple of weeks off. I was thinking of cutting my mileage in half and then slowly work my way back up.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.