Stress fracture or ligament strain

bestway to get diagnosis?

8 messages
10/08/2012 at 21:00

Got pain on the boney bit on the top of my foot that doesn`t seem to be shifting. Hurting after 15 mins running even after a week of rest.

I can`t afford to go to a physio at the moment but I was thinking of going to minor injuries at the hospital to seek a diagnosis and ideally an xray. Is that a sensible way to get help?

10/08/2012 at 21:32

the Egyptian toe, I remember you running in races near me. If your GP is in Sheffield , ask them to refer you to the Foot and Ankle Clinic .They have a great Physio/podiatry team with ulta-sound and Xray facilities. can rule out if boney or muscular.Team does clinics in town and Jordanthorpe.

10/08/2012 at 22:31

Thanks.I can`t go through the GP at the moment really (bit complicated) but I wonder if I can push for a referral through the minor injuries. Thanks.

11/08/2012 at 07:58

Thanks Cake. I reckon I`ll do that. Quite painful today after 4 miles yesterday. Just got to pick the best time to go to minor injuries.

13/08/2012 at 15:36
Had X-ray today. No break but it has made my autumn mara look very unlikely. Ta for advice.
13/08/2012 at 21:51

lookin like 2nd metatarsal ligament tear. but better than stress fracture.

14/08/2012 at 12:27
No. I was so relieved that it wasn't brok that I didn't ask. Just said proper rest so I'll avoid running for a week or 2.
14/08/2012 at 17:57

Not so sure that's better. Ligaments can take a long time to heal...

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
8 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.