Stress Fractured Toe - HELP!

2 messages
27/08/2003 at 12:53
Anyone else out there suffered with a possible stress fracture to a single toe which drives them crazy and stops them running? If so, what is the best course of action? Also, why won't the NHS x-ray toes anymore?
27/08/2003 at 13:47
I had stress fractures to the bones in my feet after running a marathon, and my big toe was probably the worst off. Had to rest completely until it was good and fixed. Running on it when its not completely healed and strong will mean the problem won't go away.

Are your shoes right for your running style? I changed mine when I got back training and have had no problems since.

Not much you can do for broken toes other than strap them up. Probably why you can't get an x-ray.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.