Supplements

11 messages
28/10/2002 at 15:31
Why is ephedraine banned in the UK but available from the states? Is it really that bad?
28/10/2002 at 22:29
like speed
is that bad?
28/10/2002 at 22:50
Sorry for ignorance - what is ephedraine?
28/10/2002 at 23:11
F

Ephedrine is a stimulant which has a similar effect to adrenaline. Also available in an artificial form - pseudoephedrine, which is often added as a pick-you-up to cold remedies.

Saxplayer
Psi
29/10/2002 at 00:23
Ephedrine isn't banned here, but it's not easy to get hold of. It's a stimulant which clubbers sometimes take as a form of legal high.

Real runners, of course, do not use such stimulants. Cheats do, however.
29/10/2002 at 11:13
Ephedribe is actually readily available from chemists - try asking for it in Boots. It's a decongestant. Last time I bought some it cost less than a quid for a nose-drop bottle.

I've used it lots to ease nasal congestion. I have not noticed any "recreational" effects - and I *was* looking out for them ;-)

Incidentally, Sudafed contains pseudoephedrine.

Ephedrine is not illegal here but it is a banned substance in athletics due to its stimulant properties.

I though Benz was a doctor?

Millipede
29/10/2002 at 12:31
putting Ephedine in vicks inhalers is a bit of an ironic thing?

snort!
29/10/2002 at 12:41
Wasn't the US Vicks inhaler the reason why the Brit who won a medal for skiing at the recent winter olympics was stripped of his medal? He was used to taking the UK Vicks inhaler, which doesn't contain the ephedrine, and claimed not to know that US versions do. Sad story that.
29/10/2002 at 17:40
i was being ironic:)
29/10/2002 at 17:45
Benz,

My "I thought benz was a doctor" comment was not because I thought that you were seriously promoting speed, but because I was surprised that you didn't know that ephedrine was a legal decongestant.

Millipede
29/10/2002 at 17:50
i do, but was just making a facetious comment:)

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
11 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.