swimming after wisdom tooth removal

when can you go for a swim?

6 messages
31/01/2008 at 07:44
i had to have one of my lower wisdom teeth removed yesterday-i have no stitches, and so far it has been relatively pain free (a bit stiff), but not much bleeding.
i am just wondering when can i get back for a swim in the pool?
i am supposed to be having a swim lesson tomorrow night, but am wondering if this is maybe too soon!
any comments would be gratefully appreciated!!
31/01/2008 at 09:07

Depends entirely how you feel.

If you feel bruised, swollen and if someone has kicked you in the face then you will probably want to give it a miss.

If you feel ok and are a 'tough-as-nails' runner then there's no reason you can't swim.

31/01/2008 at 10:07
thanks for the reply Dr Wonko- i dont feel bruised or anything, but just a bit concerned about the possibility of introducing infection by having pool water in my mouth............!
31/01/2008 at 10:10
Just rinse with warm salty water afterwards - that kills most stuff.
Crash Hamster    pirate
31/01/2008 at 14:37

<a dentist writes>

As long as you feel up to it, there's no particular reason why you shouldn't swim...the blood clot in your socket should be set enough after 24 hours to cope with a bit of pool water

31/01/2008 at 17:42
thanx very much Tufat Nladi, i feel fine......great news that tomorrows swim can go ahead!!!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.