Swollen foot

2 messages
08/10/2002 at 22:18
Hi everyone. I wonder if you can help. I completed my first ever GNR on Sunday - in 2hrs 12mins which I was really pleased about - but my trainers were getting worn out so I got a big blister on the side of my right foot. Yesterday my feet ached a little bit but today my right foot has really swollen up and I'm limping around quite badly. Can anyone recommend anything or do I just need to wait for the swelling to go down?
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
15/10/2002 at 21:23
First of all congrats on completing the GNR, well done. If your foot is still painful, apply ice (not directly to skin, wrapped in a towel or something)10 mins on, 10 mins off. Rest your foot a lot and keep it elevated. If it starts to show bruising, visit your doctor for an X-ray, could be you have a stress fracture. Anyway, no running until the swelling goes down. I assume you're a fairly new runner - take note of my last name. The acronym RICE stands for Rest Ice Compression Elevation, standard treatment for most non-serious running injuries. Hope you're better soon!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.