Tendonitis

3 messages
08/10/2002 at 23:07
Went to the sports injury clinic today to find out that I have tendonitis in my right shin.

"Rest it for two weeks" I have been told.

I'm not sure that I'm going to manage that, I haven't had more than a day without running for months! what can I do?

I hate injuries :o(
09/10/2002 at 13:34
Two weeks - "you were lucky" !

About 18 months ago I was given similar advice which, like an ijiot, I ignored. Result was 'chronic tendonitis' and some juicy scar tissue problems (achiles + knee - but not 'shins' (?) - jealous !).

Only recently sorted by an excellent physio. However, a recent scan has shown the tissue is still damaged, even though it feels fine + I'm running again (getting ready for the next injury etc)

I'd go with the advise + do something else for a couple of weeks (cross-train, watch TV, eat pies ??)
09/10/2002 at 15:07
ouch, sounds like you've had it nasty! i think that i'll take up the cross training ideas, starting this afternoon i'm going to watch some TV and then this evening I shall hobble down to the pub to do some bicep curls!

Can't wait to get back running though.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.