Terrible knee pain after 22 mile run - vlm looming!

21 to 24 of 24 messages
10/04/2013 at 19:59
Thanks Camlo. Do you ever follow the tutorials on YouTube? These seem pretty detailed so i was going to try this http://youtu.be/f76B0j_bz5E

How long did it take you to recover from your It Band injury?
10/04/2013 at 22:23

I recall Pure Sports medicine's clinic in the city was open on marathon morning for taping etc. Might be worth giving them a call.  That said, tape lasts for a good few days so you could get it done at home before headig to the race.   I would get a professional to do it.

12/04/2013 at 17:58
Good luck to all of you for the mara. Take it from someone who has done many marathons and who has experience with injury and pain. THE BEST TREATMENT IS REST. You will not lose that much fitness with a 1-2 weeks rest but definitely lose fitness running through pain as well as start a mental battle you may lose on the day. Take time off and do other stuff that keeps you off your feet like cycling or my favourite aqua aerobic. I once had an injury (ITB) and had 3 weeks off my feet following which I got a PB in every race from 10K to 30 miles in the 3 months following that.
20/04/2013 at 13:39

Hi all,

I'm sure most of you have seen my post to confirm that I defered on Weds  my knee is still so painful, physio has now diagnosed Patella Tendinitious, so lots of stretches and strengthening excercises for me!  

Just wanted to wish all those with knee pain/other niggles running tomorrow the best of luck! Let us know how you get on! 

Cheers 

Katy 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 24 of 24 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.