The Wiggins diet?

Sounds like a great idea for improved speed in the hills

2 messages
29/08/2012 at 19:32

I heard that Bradley Wiggins lost a lot of weight in order to power up the hills better. There is a quote that 1 kg of weight loss equates to 2 minutes faster over an hour in the hills!

A component of his regime was apparently to only eat fruit and drink milk on days without training. This sounds like a brilliant plan.

Is this appropriate to mere mortals. I'd love to get faster for running on the hills and I'm a little overweight at moment.

29/08/2012 at 23:05

I guess you've got protein and calcium for the bones and vitamins and minerals for good health and energy. I think anything low calorie would do but you always need to make sure you're getting a good spread of nurtrients. Oh, and some sideburns

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.