there's snow pain like groin strain

5 messages
07/01/2010 at 19:30
Can anyone help again , i'm just coming back from shin splints in my right leg ,did acouple of steady runs with no real discomfort. However today walking the dog [ wich i've been doing a lot of lately] i slipped very slightly in the snow and felt a tweak at the inside of my thigh on my right leg ,turns out having been on various injury websites that i have a groin strain [adducter longus] i think . They all recomend two weeks no running [shock] .Can anyone tell me what if any cross training i can do.                                           thanks . ONE FRUSTRATED RUNNER
08/01/2010 at 12:36
Try some front crawl or back crawl swimming instead??  non weigth bearing, but will keep up fitness??
09/01/2010 at 08:20
Thanks Lorn , I take it any gym work is out the question then.Front crawl is my weekest stroke these days due to dislocating my collar bone a few years ago in a cycling accident.
09/01/2010 at 23:57

I get them every so often too, & it always tends to be on my left, invariably it goes away if I just ride instead of running for a couple of days.

Curiously, I don't get them when I'm running with the bike on my shoulder during a Cyclo-Cross, nor when running 'XC', just 'on the road'

10/01/2010 at 09:51
Thanks  for that richard   I went out on my bike yesterday did about 20 miles nice and steady feel ok today so I think i'll just stick to that for a while.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.