Throat pain

3 messages
12/01/2013 at 12:06

Hi all

This might sound crazy, but i have just started running again but every day i time i am running i get a terrible painful throuat, maybe its the cold? but when i try to inhale through my nose i feel i dont get enough air that way. Does anyone else have any suggestions or tips on this?

Thankyou  

12/01/2013 at 12:14

Try running with a buff over your mouth and nose in cold weather.  They are really thin material so you can breathe through them and it helps preheat the air a little before it hits your throat.

12/01/2013 at 19:27

I get exactly the same problem. It's usually caused by muscular contractions caused by the cold weather, or by the mucus membranes in the throat drying out. As Caz says, wear a buff (or similar) to try and warm the air as you breath and also keep it moist. 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.