Tight Calve

4 messages
08/06/2003 at 13:25
I'm running the Hillingdon Half marathon next Sunday. I ran a lap of the course today and about 5.5 miles into it my right calve went really tight and a sharp pain shot up it. Has anyone any idea what this could be and any suggestions of how i can get it treated so that i can run next Sunday. I'm running for Cancer Research and have raised about £500 so i really need to complete this and from a personal point of view all the training i've done for it would be such a waste if i can't complete it.
08/06/2003 at 13:38
I had some wierd kind of calf thing about 3 weeks before FLM. It felt awful and meant I couldn't run at all for a while but I rested and iced and after a few days (can't remember exactly how long it took) I could go back out again.

Try the old RICE thing and fingers crossed you'll be ok.
Good luck!
08/06/2003 at 16:23
Cheers Meggles
Am doing the RICE thing already, just wondered if anyone knew of any alternative ways. I'm open to any suggestions
08/06/2003 at 16:43
Colin - there are some exercises at http://www.sportsinjurybulletin.com/archive/1019-achilles-heel-injury.htm that look interesting. I had a go at them this morning & could definitely feel that they were working my calf in unusual ways.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.