Tight Calves

4 messages
20/10/2002 at 15:48
Went out for what I expected to be my long run today.
I run a 4mile circuit, was going to go round twice today. I done my normal 5mins jog, then stopped to stretch for a couple of mins.

Started off again, within a minute felt a pain at the bottom of Right Calf, so I stopped, massaged it, stretched some more and started walking. After a couple of mins I started jogging slowly, stiff but no pain.

Carried on normally after that, but continued to run a bit slower than normal. At about 3 miles felt the top of the left calf tighten, stopped again, stretched walked for a while, then slow jogging again. Only managed another 1/2mile, before I had to give up and walk back.Both calves are very tight now!!

It was a bit colder than normal today. What am I doing wrong? Is my warm-up wrong? Should I be wearing tracksuit now it's colder?

Any advice?
The Evil Pixie    pirate
20/10/2002 at 21:54
I suffer every now and then too and tend to woss out and walk home! I would think that tights/tracksuit would be better now though!
20/10/2002 at 21:56
I found that changing my warm up to include stretches specifically for calves cured it for me( my son's Taekwon-do teacher showed me).
The Evil Pixie    pirate
20/10/2002 at 22:20
and these would be .....
Seriously Barkles I'm interested!Will you be at Brighton to give a demo?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.