toe nails

10 messages
03/06/2009 at 16:45
What''s the best thing to do when a toe nail is looking like it is had it following a bad blister - let nature take it's course and let the thing fall off, or take it like a man and remove it?
03/06/2009 at 19:27

Let it do it naturally. I had a particularly choice toe nail even after running 2 HMs in a week (she brags).

Ended up with a blister at the base of the nail and 2 underneath. About 6 weeks later it fell off very neatly, sort of opened like a book cover and dropped off leaving a new little pinky underneath.

Boots sell great toe protectors btw, highly recommend them.

03/06/2009 at 20:11
Strap it back on and let it come off gradual. Pull it off and bury it in a trainer for 30 mins 3 times a week and you WILL get an infection that'll stop you running.
04/06/2009 at 09:15
Good advice - thanks. The toe protectors things out of boots are they the gel type things? How do you keep them on - mine keep coming off...
04/06/2009 at 10:23

Or you can get foam protectors, they absorb sweat so aren't as likely to slip off.

04/06/2009 at 13:07
I only wear one- on the toe that lost it's nail as it's still a tad sensitive and it's fine, never falls off. Sort of gel on the inside and pink foam on the outside. I just trimmed it to fit and no probs.
04/06/2009 at 17:52
Where did you get it? I find the Boots one comes off during my run for some reason. Assume it's due to foot movement.
04/06/2009 at 20:37
My friend bought it for me in Boots- it's their own make. I only have little toes, maybe that helps.
04/06/2009 at 21:47
Tape! Lots and lots of tape.
05/06/2009 at 11:28

Am so glad I'm not the only one with this problem, my feet aren't great to look at at the best of times - but I've had a reccurring issue with my middle toes in particular - they just won't stay on!!! hehe! I think I need to get some tape for my tootsies as I think it's the only solution!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
10 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.