Toe problem

21 to 30 of 30 messages
Bod
10/09/2004 at 13:54
you're = your
10/09/2004 at 14:23
little toe nails only take a couple of months to grow back (in my limited experience), they do initially grow back a bit ridged and misshapen but providing you don't damage them again they end up ok but that might take another couple months! The two small toe nails I lost after the London Marathon(April)have been perfect since July.
10/09/2004 at 14:47
Thanks slow but happy...I shall look forward to lovely new nails by xmas then, just in time for the part season !!
12/09/2004 at 12:38
No one has mentioned the art/science/techniques of toe nail cutting and what is the best length for toe nails. This could prevent problems. Not too long and no sharp edges that can cut into adjacant toes. But what else?
24/09/2004 at 17:12
I ran my first 10k last Sunday and my left big toe nail has moved!! It has been pushed downwards and I can spy a black patch of, what I presume, is blood!! Now a lump has come up next to the nail. I think I have an infection!!!! Due to run the Leeds Castle 10k this Sunday and hope toe will be up to the challenge. I now realise that my mistake was to have had toenails that were far to long and that it pushed against my trainer and pushed itself back. Oh the hidden joys of running. Should I pop the lump?? Feet are cold from wearing flip flops!!
25/09/2004 at 08:47
yeuch! good luck with the Leeds Castle 10K I would tape your toe up to prevent things from getting worse - not sure about popping the lump maybe you ought to go and see a doctor.
27/09/2004 at 09:00
Toe has made a great recovery, ran a slow but good run at Leeds Castle yesturday, lots of hills, slopes, mud and animal pooh!! Lump has gone and I think I will lose the nail but no more pain. Just have to be aware now of all these little quirks of running.
27/09/2004 at 10:20
At least your toe has got plenty of time to recover for next years sandals, mine is stil not totally back after being damaged in April!
27/09/2004 at 10:34
Aren't we an atttractive bunch. If this is the shape of things to come I will be tapping all my toenails up prior to running. Soon my feet will be so big I won't be able to fit in my trainers!!!
29/10/2008 at 22:27

Just did my first Marathon in Amsterdam on 19th Oct.  All Ok except ended up with really sore big toe nail due to a blister under the nail.  Didn't know you could get such a thing until it went all weepy and grotty.  Feel ready to run again but not sure if it's a good idea.  Any ideas how long it's likely to take to be on the mend - fed up of my sock sticking to my toe - very pleasant!!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 30 of 30 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.