Too fat to run now

38,341 to 38,360 of 40,128 messages
07/10/2012 at 10:16

Yes Limper.
Morning all.
07/10/2012 at 22:08
Car was frosted over this morning brrrr. Soon warmed up though. Was at a dig next to Edinburgh airport. No finds for me apart from 2 buttons and junk but the day was sunny and I enjoyed watching the planes coming into land and taxing up the runway for take off. Knee suffered badly though with the uneven fields. Hope it's better tomorrow as have gym in the afternoon.

So what has everyone else been up to then?
07/10/2012 at 22:27
Speedy hope the knee gets better soon.
today i have been washing and looking after OH's brothers pc. Was rewarded with dinner.
now watching the omen.
08/10/2012 at 07:29

You washed someone's pc and they rewarded you for it? Bizarre.
Original or remake Omen? They're both pretty good films.
How's your snots and sniffles?  ((((Tippy)))) 

I broke my toe on Saturday. Ouch. Consequently I didn't bother attending the half marathon I had intended to. 

I suppose that Eagle is in sunny climes at present?

Hope your knees settle down Speedy.

08/10/2012 at 10:27
Ouch Limper. How did you manage that? Hope it heals quickly for you.

Where is Eagle?
08/10/2012 at 18:43

Bent it very suddenly to an impossible angle. Poor tootsie. It's nearly black with bruising.   It'll be fine, I heal well.

08/10/2012 at 22:29
Limper. That is not good.
Omen was original version.
Eagle is in Minorca or Majorca.
Shots nearly gone just got a husky voice still.
09/10/2012 at 20:42
Evening all. Lucky Eagle. No foreign travel for me this year.

Car frozen this morning again. Cold fingers by time I scraped it.

How is the toe Limper?
09/10/2012 at 21:40

Fat and black.

10/10/2012 at 15:19
What you talking about willis
10/10/2012 at 22:32

??? Tippy  

10/10/2012 at 23:23
Evening. Bet you are all tucked up in bed.

Serious question to you peeps who attend gyms - Instead if going to the gym and plodding on treadmill and doing light weighty things I have booked in for 2 classes but am now having serious doubts. One class is body pump and the other is Thai fit. My growing concern is will this be all young and fit people and is this overweight, unfit great grandma going to a) be well out of place and b) really too old to try do classes? Will I just be making a fool of myself?

Am kinda stressing that maybe I am making a mistake. HELP.
11/10/2012 at 07:15

I'm afraid I don't have the opportunity to go to gym classes Speedy so I can't comment from personal experience. However I have never scorned any overweight person that I see who is doing something about their weight, ie attending a class or going for a run. Hopefully the majority, if not all, the people at the classes you are going to do will have the same attitude. Go along and give it a try and be proud of yourself.

11/10/2012 at 08:12

Speedy. Body Pump will have a mix age group and very mixed ability. You will not be out of place in Body Pump. RE does Pump, and the group age goes from mid 20's to late 60's

Thai Fit is a new one on me so can not comment on that one.

11/10/2012 at 09:09
Thank you Limper and Tippy. Will let you know tonight how the body pump went.

Have a good day all.
11/10/2012 at 20:01
A 1 hr workout in gym - weights, treadmill and cross trainer followed by a 1 hr body pump class. Think my body might feel it tomorrow. Body pump was good. A lovely lady took me under her wing and kept me right on the weights when had to change etc. only thing I couldn't do was the press ups as my knees don't like kneeling as they are too painful to knee on and anyway I am too ungainly getting up and down from the floor. Thai fit class booked for next week.
11/10/2012 at 20:15
Speedy glad you liked body pump as it is a fun class. Good for overall stamina and high burn for the calories.
11/10/2012 at 20:53
I just wish it was easier to get onto the classes. The minute the lines open for the next week the classes book up. Tried to get on next Thursday's but it's fully booked. It appears you need to get on line at 7am to book for the following week. I must organise myself to do this.

Hopefully Tiptoes this will get my weight moving downwards again.
11/10/2012 at 21:32
Speedy, use to do this as coach and user so can sing its praises for long term plusses.
11/10/2012 at 23:35
Going to try do as many as I can. Restricted a bit due to long working days and childminding days but I am going to make the effort as weight loss stuck.

Thanks Tiptoes it helps to know someone has done it and can advocate it.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.