Too fat to run now

38,461 to 38,480 of 40,142 messages
28/10/2012 at 16:06

Frog n Dog Expeditionary Team managed 9.5 miles XC today.
It was completely flat and only moderately mucky, but it seemed a lot tougher than last weeks Eagle Tour.
I love having Dawg with me - I get to stand still at every road crossing (she's OCD obedient about sitting at kerbs!) and every time we meet another dog!

I also did two hours cross training (I wasn't cross at all really) at the stables.

Any sign of his babyship yet Speedy? I'm getting bored waiting!! 

28/10/2012 at 16:07

You're on for Heartbreaker then are you Eagle? 
Are they taking bookings yet?

28/10/2012 at 16:19

My intentions are honorable!  I've looked up the details and passed them on to TT.  It is the Sunday after the Bramley 20, so we have partners to convince.  I intend doing it, and Mrs E could perhaps be persuaded to do the 10k.  If you google the HB you can get all the details, but its subscription only on RW.

28/10/2012 at 16:26

I contatced them direct last time. They were great about swapping distances - I booked for the 10k and decided the day before that I wanted to do the whole 'half' (which is actually 14 miles). I gave them a little cash donation when I arrived which worked out better for their charity than if I'd booked the correct distance in the first place.
There's a very nice pub not far away from the venue if that swings it for the partners! 

28/10/2012 at 16:37

Pub? Pub? Teetotal me (NOT).

28/10/2012 at 19:24
Sorry no baby yet folks. Labour not progressing at all and daughter getting really fed up now.

Can't make any of the Eagle flights unfortunately as too far away
28/10/2012 at 21:18
I am looking at heartbreak. Will have to convince big time.
Tippy lake is up and running after a whole day in cold water getting pumping station working.
Now have to wait to transfer sharks and piranhas over. Mid spring by then they will be very hungry.
28/10/2012 at 21:23

Tippy - what can we do to convince OH that you should be allowed out to play for Heartbreak? It's held at a place called 'Sandy Balls' if that helps your plea at all?!!

I hope your extremities haven't shrivelled up from a day in cold water? 

29/10/2012 at 08:38

Limper, Sandy Balls and water do not make a nice mix

I will work on OH (BEHAVE) over vacation.

Have a lovely run on Wednesday, in the dark through the woods, with lots of other ghosties and ghoulies, and a few wierd people as well

29/10/2012 at 09:11

Will you be dressing up on Wednesday Tippy?

I was going to do a spooky-run in Portsmouth - but I find it scary enough there in the daylight in summer, let alone in the dark on Halloween!

30/10/2012 at 10:05

Limper, Have outfit and face paint all ready. Will be checking in at Eagle Airways check in first then no doubt a quick puff of smoke and we will be at the venue.

Agree with you on Portsmouth at night lots of strange people.....

30/10/2012 at 16:36

'Skyfall' - definitely worth the admission fee and the price of popcorn. Go and see it 

30/10/2012 at 16:37

And Daniel Craig.... phwoar  

30/10/2012 at 17:33
No baby arrived yet folks. He is taking his time.

On a sad note younger daughter has lost her baby. She was 12 weeks pregnant. We are all devastated.
30/10/2012 at 19:55
Speedy sorry to hear your news
30/10/2012 at 21:49

Sorry to hear that Speedy. I hope that, apart from the sadness, your daughter is OK and recovers quickly.

31/10/2012 at 06:44
Thanks folks. Daughter devastated. Other daughter feels guilty and is worried about giving birth as she is worried about the upset to her sister but her baby needs to be born as he is now 10 days late. It's an upsetting time and I would do anything to take the pain away from her.

Didn't sleep last night. Taking today off but not sure whether I should be calling in suck or absent. Either way I will a discussion and possibly a warning but you know what - my girls need me today more than work does.

On a brighter note I have now lost 2st 6lbs. Only 1lb till I can say 2.5st. This is my aim by the end of this week.
31/10/2012 at 07:55

31/10/2012 at 18:48

Hope you and your family have had a better day today Speedy.
Well done on your excellent weight loss.

Mind you don't get blown off your broomstick tonight Tips.  

31/10/2012 at 22:24

Limper was a nice jog with lots of ghoulies and RE

Started of persil white ended up as dirty as a lady from Soho.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.