Too fat to run now

38,541 to 38,560 of 40,066 messages
17/11/2012 at 15:41
Well done RE. That was a good run.

Christmas banned here also till 1st Dec. I don't go Christmas shopping this early. Plenty of time once December starts.
17/11/2012 at 16:29

A non running post.....

We should all make the most of what we have whilst we have it, especially our famiiy and friends.  Live for today, make reaonable provision for the future, but remember that the future is uncertain and may not be what you wish for, and those that you love may not be the same people.

17/11/2012 at 20:23

Hear hear Eagle. 
You know my tale of woe - how true that you cannot foresee the future or the role of your loved ones within it.
Enjoy what you've got while you've got it and do nothing to be ashamed of or to cause pain to others. 

And on a running note... you inspired me and my potential 6-7 mile run turned into nearly 16 miles! Thank you 

17/11/2012 at 23:23
Wow Limper really well done. You are a true star.

RE how true. You never know what the future will bring. Limper I can only read between the lines but my heart goes out to you. Things will get better. Been there and got the tee shirt.

How I wish I had not got old and lazy.

Got my new grandson registered in Thursday. His name is Keelan Joshua Henderson Webster. Unfortunately his father hasn't even called to ask about him in over a week. I think he thought that my daughter would take him back once baby came along. Not going to happen.

Got a dig tomorrow.
18/11/2012 at 02:33
Jingle bells batman smells robin flew away,
The bat mobile rolled down the hill
The joker got away.

RE well done me old muker. I've been running 6-10 miles each day but miss poopie
18/11/2012 at 10:05

Enough with the Christmas jingles Tippy. They are banned on here for another 13 days yet!
Well done with your holiday running. Look after that pesky achilles though - we need you to be fit and strong to carry us all over the Pompey finish line 5 weeks today! And then you've got to go and get the lunch afterwards while we all have a little rest! 

Speedy - age is inevitable, laziness is personal choice. You can control things in that regard. Don't beat yourself up for having 'rest' periods though. I'm about to go and have one very shortly actually!!
You know what? - your daughter and grandson are better off without the baby's father in the long run. If he's not committed to them now he never will be. No mother or child deserves to be second best in their man's eyes. Good riddance to him. They've got Granny Speedy instead - much better option  

How's my ickle fluffy birdy this morning?

18/11/2012 at 10:08

PS - sorry if I sound a bit bitter on the partner / father issue there! I know that we share this thread with two very VERY nice guys whose families are blessed to have.

18/11/2012 at 15:33

The Eagle ran 5 miles to the gym, 20 mins on the static bike, body pump class followed by stretch & tone. As I've missed a few classes lately pump came a bit hard as I did not drop the weights!

Re my post yesterday.  We have four elderly parents three of which are not 'our parents' any more.   It is difficult, and the situation is deteriorating.

Enough of that, the Eagle's aim is to make you smile! So go crack a BIG one, you know that you want to!

Edited: 18/11/2012 at 15:51
18/11/2012 at 15:52
RE, ran down your road today..
A little road called eagle way
18/11/2012 at 16:13

I've run on Eagle Beach - a couple of years ago in Aruba. Eagles are so special are they not?

Hope that you are both having a great time.

Have watched some of the films from the stick - Man on a ledge last night. A good one.

Edited: 18/11/2012 at 16:15
18/11/2012 at 18:30
Keelan has indeed got grandma Speedy to look after him.

Eagles are majestic RE. So you are well named

I do agree Limper - old I can't control but lazy I can do something about. I guess I have wallowed a bit over the last 3 weeks with the going ons of my daughters but it def is back to me time again. Hitting the gym tomorrow.

I have been back in the house for 2hrs now and my fingers and toes are still frozen. I was wrapped up well enough but I guess 6 hrs plodding up and down a field un freezing weather would cause one to get a tad chilly. No great finds today but the company was good. I did win a box of chocolates in the lunchtime raffle which I promptly gave to hubby.
18/11/2012 at 19:12

Speedy - I used to get really freezing feet every winter at the stables. I found the answer is fleecy boot liners. Multiple socks can make the situation worse, bjut light socks and double boot liners works a treat. Cold hands I've never found an answer for though.

... puts cold hands on Tippy's sun tanned back...   Ahhhhhh 

Sympathies for your family situation Eagle. It's a difficult thing when one's parents deteriorate. Hard to cope with physically and emotionally. Big hugs to you and Mrs E.

18/11/2012 at 21:50
Ah fleecy boot liners sound good. On my shopping list now. Can't wear fleecy gloves as need kinda gardening gloves suitable for rummaging through dirt.

Agree with Limper RE. It is very hard when parents have 'gone' but still here. I went through that 3years ago. My thoughts with you and your family.
18/11/2012 at 22:16

Speedy - I wear a style of ankle boot called 'muckers' at the stables. They are thick soled (which helps with warmth) and always have fleece liners in them. It's also better to have your boots a little bit on the loose side rather than really snug. That doesn't help so much with walking, although I manage to trudge a fair way - but it does help with warmth.
The thing you could try with gloves is a cotton layer underneath your sturdy ones. Also there is a brand called 'Sealskinz' which are about as insulating as possible. Again though, anything too snug will actually make your fingers colder. 
And make sure you wear a scarf! I wear a 'buff' round my neck in winter and it seems to protect the rest of me! (There's a scientific answer to this but I can't be bothered to explain it at this time of night!).

Nightnight my lovelies. 

19/11/2012 at 02:57
I was laying in the sun and up above me I saw a beautiful eagle soaring on the thermals.
He was obviously not related to RE as he was house trained.
We are relaxing, thank you RE. Been invited to friends for thanksgiving on Thursday.
19/11/2012 at 06:27

That sounds idyllic Tippy. Glad to hear you are having a nice time.

20/11/2012 at 02:34
Evening everyone, guess you are all tucked up in bed.
Hope you are all behaving
20/11/2012 at 08:49

I always behave. Innocent as pure fresh snow me.

Just over 4.5 miles this morning in the dark, wet & wind before coming into work.

20/11/2012 at 14:34
RE you can not blame the duck this time for the wind.
Just about to go out for a plod,
20/11/2012 at 17:44

Well done Eagle.

I've copped out of my runette today. Too tired, too grumpy, too dark and wet, too many excuses!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.