Too fat to run now

38,561 to 38,580 of 40,124 messages
20/11/2012 at 18:15
On the naughty step iccle'froggie
20/11/2012 at 19:08
http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/106119/gallery/muddy_bum_-_rw.jpg?width=350

The consequences of doing the Sodbury Slog!

Edited: 20/11/2012 at 19:09
20/11/2012 at 19:10

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/106119/gallery/sheep_dip!_rw.jpg?width=350

Exiting the Sheep Dip

20/11/2012 at 19:11

Now where can I find an event to tempt Tiptoes?

20/11/2012 at 20:18
Oh you were muddy. Was that fun? Years ok hubby did the Tough Guy. Succeeded in breaking two fingers climbing over the cargo net and down the rope. It was January and freezing cold and he was very wet from the icy water. Drive all the way home from Birmingham. Only went to hospital the next day.

Tough day at work. I hate dealing with HR matters. Had to tell someone he wasn't getting paid for the 2 days he was AWOL.
21/11/2012 at 05:53
Mud mud glorious mud.
21/11/2012 at 06:33

We had mud like that at Hellrunner. It was deeper than Limpette is tall. Always fun!

It's probably that muddy outside my door this morning as well as it has now rained non-stop for 48 hours.

And now it's time for work... 
(somebody save me - pleeeeeese) 

21/11/2012 at 21:39
(Dons hero cape ,and pits undies over tights)
21/11/2012 at 22:10

Always a good look Tippy. 
You should have gone for superhero tights rather than fishnets though.

22/11/2012 at 03:43
Damn I thought they looked good.
Its Thanksgiving here so of to dinner at friends.
How is everyone.
22/11/2012 at 06:30

Happy Thanksgiving Tippy. (sounds like an online charity response page!)

It's a tad stormy here. I'm not sure that I can stand up outside as the wind is so strong. After all, I am quite a frail wisp of thing!
I'll have to hang on to Hoss's tail as we walk up to the fields!

Have a good day darlings. 

22/11/2012 at 13:06
Happy thanksgiving Tippy. Enjoy.

Yes it's a tad stormy up here too. Decided on a day indoors instead of taking grandson out. He might get blown over and we would both get very wet.

Really nasty headache which I can't get rid off

Now nice folks I have a dilemma. Entered Brighton marathon a while back. Now had an invite to my cousins ruby wedding in Ireland on the same weekend. I can't not go as they came over here for my silver wedding. So do I do the decent thing and go and see if I can hold Brighton entry to next year and if so what marathon do you suggest I go for instead? I am
Looking at Manchester and Edinburgh but wondered what nice one you might all suggest.

Edinburgh makes more sense as on my doorstep but Manchester is appealing as its hubby's birthplace.

Suggestions very appreciated.

Hope you didn't get blown away this morning Limper.

Oh and weight loss this week was the 2lbs I gained so heading downwards again which is fab
22/11/2012 at 16:41
Well done speedy.
Limper hang on tight
22/11/2012 at 19:51
Gobble gobble gobble run turkey run.
22/11/2012 at 21:51

I've not done Edinburgh Marathon Speedy, but the comments I hear are that it is nice and flat but poorly organised. Slow runners often complain about lack of water. However, if you know this is a possibility you simply go prepared.
I've never heard anything about Manchester Marathon, good or bad.

The gales are getting a bit scary down here on the coast. My house is rather dilapidated and I often expect to find pieces of it missing after a blustery night!
I wonder if the insurance would replace my holey roof and redecorate all the damp-damaged rooms for me?!

You OK my fluffy Eagle? 

23/11/2012 at 18:31

It has been another 'interesting' week. Modified exercise routine this week as have been getting out from w**k late & mentally crackered.  I have run three times before w**k this week in the dark, wet, wind.  Great time of day as no idiots getting in the way.  Was going to body pump last night, got home just in time, changed, went to do my trainer laces up - then CBA set in.  Also thought that body pump and tense neck & shoulders would not be a good combo, so stayed home all alone whilst Mrs E went 'yoghurt making'. (Yoga class really but that's what I call it).  Must try to long run in the morning otherwise TT will be after me when he gets back.

23/11/2012 at 19:20

I'm off for a longish plod in the morning Eagle. Let's do it together (in spirit anyway).

23/11/2012 at 20:34

An early start it is then.

24/11/2012 at 06:18
RE would prefer you rested and were 100% for me to be extra nice to you on my return.
I promise I will be very nice honest
24/11/2012 at 09:37

S*d the running (just for now).
I'm drenched and knackered from the stables and I have a large, fresh, still-warm loaf of bread straight from the bakers oven in front of me 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.