Too fat to run now

38,621 to 38,640 of 40,149 messages
30/11/2012 at 19:20

Not here. Each to his/her own.  I'm mad enough as it is.

30/11/2012 at 19:26

Anyone for Black Bream? I'm cooking. Stuffing them with chopped shallots, home grown flat parsley, lemon & black pepper then grilling them. Accompanied by a stir fry. Might even do some spuds.  Lucky Mrs E!

Edited: 30/11/2012 at 19:27
30/11/2012 at 22:03

Lucky Mrs E indeed!
I simply had stir fry. It was good enough for me. (looks plaintive and a bit humble). 

30/11/2012 at 22:39
Not for me Mr E
I have just had an omelette.
getting ready for the gym soon, then packing :'( e
01/12/2012 at 09:47

Are you on your way back to us Tippy?
... hangs out the bunting ...

Well the advent calendar delivered the goods this morning - a chocolate Santa and a reminder to post him my wish list. Great stuff  

01/12/2012 at 10:40
Tippy is on his way home )

Hope the chocolate Santa was good Limper. I forgot to buy myself an advent. Might buy one when come out of hairdresser today.

Well after the weight going up and down and up and down I have another week of down. Only 1ln but it's coming down. That is me back to having lost 2st 9lbs. Yippee. 5 lbs to 3 st. Oh please can I make it for Christmas. Would be a good present to myself. Had planned 4 st off this year but I will settle for 3 and tackle the other 5 next year.
01/12/2012 at 11:18

Well done Speedy. You have done great to keep on with the diet for a prolonged period this year. I'm sure you can do the final 5lb by Christmas.
Have you had snow yet?

It's bitterly cold here but only frosty. 

01/12/2012 at 22:35
Thank you Limper. I will try hard to remove another 5lbs by Christmas.

No snow thank goodness but it's cold and the roads are icy and cars frozen over.

Hair cut and coloured today. Grey banished for another few weeks.

What are you up to this weekend?
02/12/2012 at 10:15

Chocolate snowman in the calendar this morning. Brill   I'm hoping for a robin tomorrow!!

I should try to go for a long plod today but I've already done three hours of hard work in the cold and frost at the stables and don't really feel like going out again. Not for a while anyway.

How are our lovely boys this morning? Have you been reunited yet?

02/12/2012 at 15:06

No Tippy yet. Another solo long run yesterday morning. Set off in the dark & freezing fog. Looped & swooped the various parks around town, put in some hills and made it to 16 miles with no stops.   7 miles this morning on my way to pump & then stretch.  Ran past Tippy Towers and all still deserted.

All together now "All we want for Christmas is for Speedy to lose 5 lbs". 

02/12/2012 at 18:00

What tune are you singing to Eagle? Only I can't make those lyrics fit any that I know!!
Well done on your excellent run. I am humbled by your greatness. I managed a meagre 9 miles with lots of stops. 

02/12/2012 at 18:18
I'm back..........
Unpacked, house warming slowly.
Guards back on duty looking for stray Eagles.
Well done Speedy...
Limper as a famous store says "every little helps"
Now must plan for Tuesday plod with the Eagle.
(Looks for bright warm clothing)
02/12/2012 at 18:26
Welcome back Tippy.

Wow RE and Limper fab running from you both.

I like your lyrics RE and I have 3 weeks to make it happen. Ta folks.

Out on the frozen fields this morning. Complete waste of time. All our detectors were finding stuff but nobody could get their spades into the frozen ground. We all stopped at 10.30 and went to retrieve our flasks of tea and coffee to see if fields would thaw a bit. Not a chance. So day was cut short.

I took a dog for a hair cut instead.
02/12/2012 at 18:47

Sorry Speedy, but your story is quite funny 
Imagine the frustration if you knew there was treasure but you couldn't dig it up until the ground thaws in Spring - and then there would be a race to see who gets out there first!

Welcome home darling Tippy. Mwah mwah mwah. Or better still - snog snog snog.

02/12/2012 at 19:12

Limper - the lyrics were a play on 'all I want for christmas is my two front teeth....'  Or were you just joking?

Tuesday plod eh TT?

02/12/2012 at 20:04
RE you bet.
Tutu at the ready, no swearing
02/12/2012 at 23:05
Lol Limper. I could just see the rush for the treasure.

In a great deal of pain with right knee tonight which is strange as usually left knee. Pain killers, anti inflammatories taken. Speedy has a very low pain threshold Better ease of tomorrow as gym session and body combat class booked.
03/12/2012 at 06:29

Are you doing your static exercises Speedy??  ( looks stern )
Hope the pain eases off for you. You can't win with arthritis can you - pain in the warm weather and pain in the cold weather
Unless you are severely asthmatic or allergic you could use a topical gel on the area as well. 

Just wanted to report, as I know you are all waiting with baited breath (whatever that means) - it was indeed a chocolate robin this morning. Woohoo!!!

Have a good day dearies.

03/12/2012 at 08:47

Limper did you bite his legs of so he could not run, or go for the quick kill????

03/12/2012 at 15:51

Shoved it straight in Tippy. Always strive to be humane when eating chocolate wildlife!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.