Too fat to run now

38,681 to 38,700 of 40,128 messages
13/12/2012 at 21:03

Elf and Safety

13/12/2012 at 21:16

Bottoms.

Absolutely no connection with Elfs, just thought I'd post it.

13/12/2012 at 22:04

Just bottoms or tops-and-bottoms?

Can somebody put the hottie bottle on my side please. I'm just putting Dawg out for a wee and then I need a nice snuggly bed to fall in to.

14/12/2012 at 06:32

14th - it may have been a robin once but now it looks like that strange one eyed phallic thing that was our olympic mascot. I suspect my advent calendar was stored next to Santa's radiator before being delivered and that all my chocolate characters melted a bit. There's been absolutely no sign of something that was once a reindeer though and that is disappointment beyond bearing.

Hope your Fridays have started more satisfactorily than mine 

14/12/2012 at 07:56

Elf in ell Limper a mutant Robin.....

9 Sleeps to go till hug time.

Quack (did someone mention bottoms)

14/12/2012 at 18:59

Uni run tomorrow to pick up younger Eaglet for Xmas break.

14/12/2012 at 18:59

Can we just go straight to the hugging bit and not bother with having to waddle 26 miles first?

It's floody flooded down here today. It's been raining all day and everything is swampland. Not looking forward to my morning of field work tomorrow.

14/12/2012 at 22:19
Limper. RE would be devastated if he missed his plod........
Do you a deal. Hug before, hug after and hug if/when we meet during pkod
15/12/2012 at 10:27

I'm not totally convinced Tippy. You're going to have to try harder.

I'm due to be at the scene of next weeks hugathon tomorrow actually. 
Dressed in a humungous swathe of red felt, I will be doing the Santa Dash (10k).

Hope you have a safe journey Eagle.
The limpette isn't due home until next weekend and has to make her own way. Let's hope the public transport system hasn't been washed away again by then. 

I spent two hours 'cross training' in the swamp this morning. My hosses will be asking Santa for a rubber dinghy and a life bouy at this rate.

15/12/2012 at 10:45
When is you big run and hugathon folks? Can I join in with a virtual hug on the day?

Hope fields weren't too bad for you Limper.

Shame about the chocolates. No Rudolph then?

Yesterday morning poor car battery was dead. Couldn't get hubby's car out as mine was blocking his in. Had to go for buses to get to work. So instead of starting at 8am I got to work at 9.45. It took me 2 hrs on buses there and 2hrs to get back. Was not a happy Speedy. Don't they have heaters on buses these days????

Today's plod and shopping now on hold. Knee is bad. Won't bend and is extremely painful. Coming down stairs was a problem. It's not been this bad since last year. No movement in it without pain. But then Speedy is a wooze and has a very very very small pain threshold

Have a good day all.
15/12/2012 at 11:46

Speedy - you are like a little lucky charm!!! I read your post then opened my calendar and..... my first rudolph of the season!!! Woohooo 

As your reward I will educate you on coming down the stairs on your dodgy knee...
Use a stick or crutch. Put it down the step first, then your weakest leg, then your other leg - all onto the same step. Only ever one step at a time. Do the opposite going up (good, bad, stick).
Take your painkillers as a preventative every four hours. You will not become addicted! (Hopefully. Fingers and toes crossed. And eyes).

How's the family doing? 

15/12/2012 at 17:18
Thank you Limper. I used my walking pole and doing what you said helped. Painkillers and anti inflammatories kicked in and eased the pain. Haven't been out the door today.

I am so glad you got a Rudolph. It's not Christmas without a Rudolph.

Family is coping. Daughter that lost her baby is now back at work and talking about trying again.

Other daughter - well that's another story. She split with the baby's father and now with Keelan only 6 weeks old she has gone back to her husband. He is very ill and I just wonder if she had gone back for the right reasons.

Grandchildren - well one has split with her violent husband while expecting her second baby - at 19 years of age!!! 15 year old grandson has been - how shall I put this - with a 30 year old woman who daughter reported to police who called in CID. Outcome woman was arrested and has been charged after a night in the cells and has to appear in court after new year.

Do you think Jeremy Kyle could use my family for his show !!!!

And I wonder why I am depressed
15/12/2012 at 21:14

Crikey Speedy. You could write a book. Hope you are coping.

Is the eaglet safely back in the nest?
I wish my baby could come home this weekend. It's been a long long term.

So Tippy, you've had all day to think... what more can offer as an incentive for me to rendevouz with you next weekend? Hmmm? 

15/12/2012 at 22:33
She will be home soon Limper and you will have a lovely Christmas.

Just ignore me. I am feeling very sorry for myself right now.
15/12/2012 at 22:35
Oh and if I get a metal detector for my Christmas I shall scream. Said I wanted one which worked on a higher frequency that the one I have and hubby keeps looking at ones and says he doesn't think it will get delivered in time for Christmas. I joke not if I get up on Christmas morning and get one of those you will here me at your end of the country.
15/12/2012 at 22:36
Hear not here.
15/12/2012 at 23:00
Limper being brought down by OH
15/12/2012 at 23:01
I'll scream and scream till I'm sick...........
15/12/2012 at 23:09
Lol Tippy. Now are we showing our ages that we know that saying.....
16/12/2012 at 09:15

Tippy - do I read your post to mean that you are offering me your OH as an incentive?
I'll take it!!!!

The smallest limpette has requested excessive Tippy-hugs please. She's a good hugger, you won't be disappointed! She'll only come up to your knees though - ask the Eagle... she makes him look tall!!

I'm about to dress up as Santa and waddle around Portsmouth. Think of me!
(I'll stop off at the shops and collect Speedy's new metal detector while I'm out. She'll be thrilled!). 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.