Too fat to run now

38,721 to 38,740 of 40,175 messages
19/12/2012 at 13:03

Talking of PAINS wheres RE 

19/12/2012 at 18:47

Tips darling, I'm going off the idea of running around a bit on Sunday. Have you seen the forecast? I've been outside in it much of the day today and I am heartily sick of it.

19/12/2012 at 20:43
Love your objective Limper. My knee has eased up again but the blinking lift in work was out of order today. Now some days I never have the need to climb the stairs. Today I had to go up and down like a jack in the box. What made it worse was I had put on a pair of very high heels. The stairs were not fun.

Have you had terrible weather then Limper? It wasn't bad during the day from what I could see out the office window but 20 miles into my drive home the rain hammered down.

So it's this Sunday your big run? I hope the weather won't be too bad for you.

Families/children are hard work and sometimes I get so down about it all. Sadly it's two years today since my mum died. Got through the day ok. It was yesterday I was at my worst.

Really want out to plod. Now that have me time this weekend I will be out there.
19/12/2012 at 21:57

(((((( Speedy ))))))

The weather here is truly horrendous. We are near the beach and you can barely stand up down there. My horses fields are like swampland. Even things indoors are starting to have a damp feel to them (probably my imagination). It's horrible.

19/12/2012 at 23:30
Thanks for the hugs.

Swamped fields not good. We were at the beach in Sunday and normally you just walk through the sand dunes from the car park onto the beach. There must have been a really high tide in the Saturday because we couldn't find a way through that didn't involve wading through huge rivers of water that had swamped the dunes.

Ever think our climate is changing?
20/12/2012 at 06:41

My fields have never been like this in all the years I've had horses (many many years).

There were very high tides this past week. I listen to them all night crashing on the pebbles! 
At our run last weekend, which was along the prom, the stones had been washed right over the prom and onto the road.

Hope today is a better day for you Speedy.

You OK boys?

20/12/2012 at 08:03

Limper, Pleae Please Please Please join us for our plod......

I do not want to have to hug RE 

Fully understand if you do decide not to run 

20/12/2012 at 11:10
It is hammering down here today.

It must be nice though in good days Limper to be so close to the sea. Your horses must be miserable though if the fields are swamped. The Scottish news did say the tides in the east coast were high and fierce.
20/12/2012 at 11:15

I saw RE's baubles last night.

They were all lit up and shining.

Mrs RE had a big smile on her face 

20/12/2012 at 20:39
The mind boggles Tippy.

It's official old age is horrendous. Doctors visit today confirms arthritis in thumb joint. Glad it's my left hand mind you as it is being particularly useless for last few days as in picking up kettle, opening jars/bottles but the worst is changing gears while driving and typing.

Thank goodness it doesn't interfere with excerise and weight loss.
20/12/2012 at 23:25

Tippy - if I can I will.

It is really nastily wet down here. Took me an hour to drive 8 miles this morning.

Sympathies for your pains Speedy. 

Where is the Eagle? Is he stuck up the Christmas tree in his fairy outfit?! 

21/12/2012 at 08:09

RE is stuck on a thermal, he is going round and round and round 

21/12/2012 at 19:34

Been rather busy with one thing & another, all a bit stressy.  I need to have that long jog on Sunday. Hugs & kisses ready for Limper & the Limpettes, female marshals, & fellow female runners who are lucky enough not to be too quick for me (would that be a quickie?).

Got a huge hug & smacker from Annie the receptionist at my gym yesterday.

I'll cry if Limper is not there to jog (and hug, kiss).

21/12/2012 at 20:45
EvenIng all.

Oh boy this weather is horrendous. The roads up here too are flooded. The 25 mile journey to work was awful. You didn't see the floods till you hit them. Police were stopping cars at one point where it looked like half the field was on the road. Only let one car through at a time.

Sadly I think the water flooded into my car (remember i have a large 4 wheel drive type car) and it shuddered all the way home tonight with serious lack if power. After going through one flood on way home I heard a squeal from the fan belt and my lights dimmed. Now the engine management light is on. Speedy is going to cry. I can't afford another huge repair bill if something has happened.

I really do hope the weather improves for you all in Sunday. I will be thinking about you and will wait with bated breath in your reports.
21/12/2012 at 21:16

Your car should be OK Speedy. Squealy fan belts and dim lights are par for the course when driving in floods. I could barely see where I was going last night because my lights were so bad. Running the engine for a while will help to dry it out. You can also get spray cans of moisture repellent, although I've never used them so couldn't say whether they are any good.

We still have a lot of standing water on all the fields and back roads and are forecast another 24 hours of non-stop rain from tonight.

You sound as though you are preparing to be rather free and easy with your kisses Eagle. And I thought I was special 

21/12/2012 at 22:21
Thank you Limper. I shall let you know tomorrow if car ok. Today was the worse floods I have driven through. Hopefully it will stop raining soon.

Will you all do your run if it has to rain for another 24hrs in your neck of the woods? Hope it does ease of for you. Fingers crossed.
22/12/2012 at 08:48

Oh yes, we will put ourselves on the start line.  We will endure, enjoy, encourage others along the way, try to spread a little fun, and finish with a smile on our faces. 

We is hard core nutters we is. 

22/12/2012 at 09:05

At the moment Eagle, I am not convinced.
I've just spent a couple of hours trying to sort out flooded stables and flooded fields and it's just getting steadily worse down here.
I'm not a fair-weather runner by any stretch of the imagination, but I really don't know if I want to spend 5+ hours on the seafront in these conditions.

Speedy - I've driven in worse floods in a smaller car. In fact I have actually floated briefly and I've watched the water pour into the footwells and considered having to post my small children out through the sunroof (didn't happen in the end!). I'm sick and tired of the rain and the floods but I'm not scared of it!
I am pretty terrified of some other drivers though. 

22/12/2012 at 09:36
Watching news and you are certainly having it worse down there. Take care all.

Limper that would have been scary having your children in the car glad everything was ok then. Yes I agree it's the other idiots. Some fool overtook me last night on a hill in the dark on a flooded road. It's not just themselves they are putting at risk. Fools.

I agree Limper that 5 hours would be a long time to have to suffer such bad weather. You will make the right decision for you.
22/12/2012 at 17:39
Car not any better. Engine warning light still on and still shuddering today. Only took it to the shop to try it. Not wanting to tell hubby before Christmas as he will go ballistic and say it is my fault for going through the floods and not turning back. Will just need to keep limping it along for a few days I think.

Limper have you decided about your run tomorrow yet?
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.