Too fat to run now

38,781 to 38,800 of 40,175 messages
27/12/2012 at 16:45

Santa was good . I got my Ugg boots   I did for a horrible moment think hubby had bought me a metal detector but the practical joker hid my Kindle Fire HD in a detector box and wrapped that up . For a horrible few mins I was disappointed before thinking the box was too light to have a detector in it . 

What did everyone else get?

27/12/2012 at 19:49

I got a lovely metal detector but it wasn't in a box 

It's only really my daughters who buy for me so we don't go in for expensive stuff but it was all things that I wanted / liked so that's what matters most.

I was hoping Tippy was going to get me a DVD of the Sound of Music so that we could watch it together - but he seems to have forgotten 

27/12/2012 at 22:49

My children clubbed together to get me my Uggs . They were in a sale so were good value . I got a DVD - Annie . My youngest couldn't believe I had never seen it so decided to do something about it.......lol

Tippy - Limped wants The Sound of Music . 

28/12/2012 at 09:15
The hills are alive with the sound of Brussels
, oops sorry music.
We only by for the iccle ones so got my brothers daughters the complete lion witch and wardrobe book set, and a few other educational books, plus 2 stuffed animals in handbags for them.
Mummy tippy got flowers and a surprise in her carc
28/12/2012 at 10:15

I got fluffy pj's. My mum knows me so well!
I spent a fortune (that I haven't got - whoops) on the limpettes. It wasn't intentional, it just turned out that I found things for them that were expensive and it made more sense to spend the moeny than to buy cheap, unwanted gifts.

I've just booked cinema tickets to see The Hobbit on Sunday.

28/12/2012 at 11:13
Hope you enjoy the Hobbit Limper. I hear it is good.

Can't believe Christmas is over. I will be glad when New Year is over but that means I have to go back to work
28/12/2012 at 13:45

Is Christmas over?  Not at the lily-pad it isn't 

We might have finished slinging parcels at each other but there is still a mountain of leftover food and a pile of new DVD's and every day that isn't a work day is definitely a holiday!!!

I've got today off, then New Years Day and then a couple of days the following week (for the uni-trip), so although I've had to work I've also had three short weeks. Oh joy!

Hobbit is on Sunday Speedy. Tomorrow is a trip to Smokie for the theatre.

28/12/2012 at 22:29
I have got through my mountain of food Limper. I have been really bad. I didn't make my 3st off by Christmas and I have gained a few pounds . All my fault I just didn't say no to the food and wine. However it's all gone now and as hubby is back at work and only 1st January off I won't be buying in mountains of food. It's time to get back to healthy eating.

What are you seeing at theatre?
28/12/2012 at 22:35
I have a run with RE tomorrow morning.
Then out in the evening.
Christmas is not over yet
28/12/2012 at 23:11

Speedy - 'Rock of Ages'. All good noisome 80's music!
You did well with your weight loss prior to the Christmas blow-out and you will soon start dropping the pounds again.
I haven't eaten an awful lot - but all that I have eaten has been norty!

Tippy - give him a little hug from me and have one for yourself as well. 
Enjoy your run and your evening out.

Night night lovelies. 

29/12/2012 at 10:20
Run done, RE , our friend Shirley and my good self, went slip sliding away over the hills and far away.
Bought back good memories of our Sunday run Limper.
Have fun in the big smokies. I have seen the film, just behave young lady
29/12/2012 at 11:10

The film is great fun and I am hoping that the live music will make up for the lack of Tom Cruise gyrating his hips at me!

Well done for your run boys. My feet are still too bruised from my worn out boots but hopefully they'll be less tender tomorrow and I can get out for a stretch around the coast.

29/12/2012 at 15:41

TT failed to mention that I invited them to an off road, very muddy, through standing water, paddy field run.  It was great fun.  All for a purpose - the dynamic duo preparing for the Rough n Tumble 10 in two weeks time.  Vicious little teaser that one (the run, not TT!)..

29/12/2012 at 19:24
Well done on your run boys. Limper enjoy your outing.

My car is dead again . This isn't fun. Had to do the whole bus thing which was not good. How I wish my hubby was a mechanic.
30/12/2012 at 13:14

You've not had much luck with that car have you Speedy.

30/12/2012 at 19:34

Have had it 3.5 years now and it is an 02 the so maybe battery is needing replacedAt least that's all it is I hope . 

31/12/2012 at 16:52
To my lovely friends on here I want to thank you for all your support throughout this year in my weight loss journey and my running journey. Without you all I may have faltered but it was through you all I kept going. Sadly I didn't hit my goal but I wasn't far off it.

I would like to wish you all a very very happy New Year and a good a prosperous 2013 in everything you do. I am sending hugs and kisses across the net to you all.

I am off out with my two daughters and their families to a Hogmannay dinner dance.

Tomorrow is the start of another year and I will be on here to post 2013 goals.

Have fun tonight folks.
31/12/2012 at 20:51

I might go to bed now.

Happy New Year lovelies.

01/01/2013 at 01:27
Happy New year one and all.
Just back from London, now off to bed
01/01/2013 at 15:56

First runette of the year done with Limpette and Dawg.It was only a shortie but it was well puddly. I disappeared up to my knees at one point (Vicar of Dibley style just for Tippy!) and I got a smashing gash across my knee from a whippy bramble branch (I was in shorts!).

And in other news... I've started the year a good (or bad) half stone at least over my acceptable weight. It's hard to be accurate as the scales are suffering with dementia but my clothes are also telling me that I've had a pie or two too many 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.