10/01/2013 at 19:24

Yes thank you Tippy. I prefer my Tip and Eagle hugs though 

10/01/2013 at 21:11

Evening everyone . How are you all?

10/01/2013 at 22:41

Tired. Headache. Low.
You? 

11/01/2013 at 19:19

Evening all. Sorry for lack of recent posts, it has been a bit hectic.  Was going to take body pump easy last night.......um....that never happens.  Really enjoyed it and worked hard.  Resting up now ready for the RnT with Tiptoes on Sunday.  Looks like it could be cold, don't mind that.

12/01/2013 at 10:29

Good luck for tomorrow boys. Enjoy.

13/01/2013 at 08:37
Nearly time to collect RE for our trip to Pewsey.
Looks like a cold one for us so will have to make sure RE is wrapped up warm, we have to look after the old ones you know.
13/01/2013 at 10:44

Pop him in a snuggle bag and a woolly hat.

13/01/2013 at 15:39
The grand old duke of York.
He had 10,000 men
He marched them up to the top of the hill
Then he marched them down again.
What a lovely day , good company, nice route, , no ducks and only 1 swear word.
13/01/2013 at 16:37
Run report.
The views were beautiful.
We set of on a slippery road to the first iccle hill, after putting away the ropes and crampons we went through a small lake.
Slip sliding away, down a ravine over hillock and down dale to a rather impressive site, the big one.
With the ski lift being out of order, we started the climb, with smiles on our faces and hearts lifted.
Once at the top and after a gentle jog the fall on the other side, long and steep but worth the effort.
A jog later we found ourselves wading in over ankle deep water which to be polite would have the temperature to cool a lovely bottle of wine., wading away to a mile to go we went down the ravine again, then all that was left were 2 stiles and a warm welcome.
A toughie but a good day out.
13/01/2013 at 16:57

I slab of cake downed, showered, 2 glasses of mulled wine down, thawed my feet out now.  The mud could take some days to remove from my toenails.  XC shoes hosed out. Mrs E has din dins in the oven.

We were warned when the announcer said to the assembled runners " the conditions today are the worst we have ever had2. Lakes? There were several, and yes the water was cold, and on the last long one was half way up my shins (I'm only iccle).  Decided to take a closer inspection of the ground conditions on the second passage down the ravine.  Left hip took the blow but all will be well.

What an experience - a toughie as Tiptoes has said, a real challenge for me, but I enjoyed 90% of it.  The only swear word concerned a fellow runner who 'got our goat' with a comment with about 3 miles to go.  Quote from me near the end as 2 lady Poole runners came past us " I don't mind so long as we beat the B*std in red" and we did.  

Thank youMuch owed to Tiptoes for his continued support & comradeship. You know how much it means.

13/01/2013 at 17:05
RE
When they were up they were up.
We is a good team.
13/01/2013 at 23:45
Well done boys. It sounds like a fab day. A cold one but you both seemed to enjoy it. Thank you for the report. It is good to read what you have been up to.

Limper I take my hat off to you for all those days you get out into the fields with the horses in weather like today.

We were at a dig and the weather couldn't decide whether to rain or snow. It was mighty cold. Wellies are a necessity but they don't keep the feet warm. Lots of layers as in thermal vest, sweatshirt, fleece and rain jacket, hat and two pairs of gloves. My feet were freezing. Found a silver love token (a coin from early era and two old copper coins.

Oh well bed beckons. I have to plod tomorrow.
14/01/2013 at 08:28

Morning All. Looks like the snow arrived over night.Luckily only a light covering but i am sure that there is more to come.

Nice find Speedy

14/01/2013 at 09:06

just to put it into perspective. This is the course profile that RE did yesterday ( i helped an iccle bit)

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/15377/gallery/wpbb12ac63_0f.jpg?width=350

14/01/2013 at 16:03
Ah you were climbing mountains then

Well my plans for today went astray. I have been confined to the house with might upset stomach so my planned plod hasnt happened yet. Couldn't risk venturing far from the loo
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.